Friday, December 14, 2007

To Hell With It

Without writing and music in my life, I would probably shrivel up somewhere and never be heard of or seen again.

To me, the world is full of things that can be banged on, shaken, drummed, strummed... Anything and everything is music in a way. Today at lunch, I was tapping on the table with a single chopstick, no specific beat to it, just having fun making a cool noise. When my mom told me to stop, my dad said "Well who knows, maybe she's destined to be a drummer." Hey, maybe. With all of the instruments that I've played in the past... harp, flute, cello, a smattering of piano, harmonica (hee hee), garage band (:D), recorder... I guess I'd try somethin' new. Either that or guitar. What can I say? Without music, I wouldn't have a slightly logical excuse to rock back and forth.

Don't even get me started on what I would do without literature. I can write for hours and hours, days if there was no need for normal human processes like, I don't know, sleep? I just... I just... Gah, I can't bring myself to say it. I just don't see how people can hate writing! It's like, talking, but... better!! Because you can go back and revise what you say or do, you can let a single conversation hang in mid-air for a day or so if it's too aggravating... So many, many things that you cannot do in real life. That's why sometimes I get lost in my writing, I forget what day it is, what month, what year, what I'm supposed to be doing this week. Everything vanishes completely. I get sucked into my own world where, suddenly, my name is Sam, I have wings, I can fly up to one hundred and fifty miles per hour, I'm in a world that was made after the destruction of man-kind... My mind runs wild when given the opportunity. And for those of you that are thinking, "What about grammar and spelling? Doesn't that make writing more excruciatingly painful???" Yes! It does! And that, my friends, is why--when in my trance of writing--I say "To hell with it."

Well, there ya go. To hell with it.

1 comment:

dethtol666 said...

MAN UR COOL!!!!!! MUSIC IS MY LIFE!!! IF NO ONE HAD INVENTED A SYSTEM OF WRITING I WOULD CREATE MY OWN!! I ALSO RUN AND SHOOT TRAP BUT DRUMMING IS THE PASSION THAT DRIVES ME!!!

E-Mail me at erforbush@yahoo.com

dethtol