Sunday, January 13, 2008

Those questions

Yesterday I went to a book signing for the book, Runemarks. I'm not going to put in what it's about, only because I always go a little overboard and tell the whole story; so instead, I'm just going to say that Runemarks are marks that certain people and/or animals are born with that make them powerful and give them easy access to rune-magic. Most people in the story consider the Runemarks to be evil and cursed, so any animal born with one will probably be killed, and any human born with one will have to learn how to conceal it. The book states all of this in the first few pages, so don't worry, I'm not giving anything away. Anywho, the Runemarks are in the form of an individual rune, such as Kaen, Thuris, Isa, etc. But what I'm trying to get to here, is that most good books have a Question. (I only capitalize this word because I'm trying to use a verb as a noun.) The Question in Harry Potter: What house am I? The Question soon to come with Savvy: What's my Savvy? The Lightning Thief: Which god/goddess is my parent? Twilight (the two Questions that most people think of): Werewolf or Vampire? What would I look like as a Werewolf/Vampire? So on and so forth.

I've already thought of a good question for my series that I've started, (not that I'm saying it'll get published anytime soon since it's not really finished yet...) called Anomalies. Each book is from the point of view of someone who was experimented on as a small child thing, creating odd mutations that "activate" at some point in their life. Thus, I have made my Question: What kind of Anomaly would I be?
Personally, I would be able to fly.

No comments: